2. 在周二发布的一份研究报告中，行业组织国际金融协会(Institute of International Finance)经济学家罗宾?克普克(Robin Koepke)表示，投资者、新兴市场政策制定者以及美联储自身都忽视了美国利率在引发新兴国家汇率、银行及债务危机方面的作用。
3. Martha Cherry took a cigarette out of her mouth, murmured, "I've been there," and resumed smoking. Marc was in shock (which, let's face it, is a pretty healthy response when you realize your own mother may or may not have had thoughts of murdering you while you bathed). He realized for the first time how desperate and lonely it could be to be a housewife. He realized then and there that he was upon a very good idea for a TV show. This conversation was the birth of Desperate Housewives.
4. Other notable custom course performances include Harvard Business School, which recorded one of the year’s biggest rises, jumping nine places to fifth. The Massachusetts school was ranked 18th two years ago.
3. When things do go wrong, Mr Cook takes swift and merciless action. In late 2012, after the premature launch of Apple’s flawed Maps app, he dismissed Scott Forstall, who led the creation of iOS and was a close ally of Jobs, and John Browett, the former Dixons chief who had led Apple retail for less than a year. The actions sent a message that Mr Cook will not tolerate underperformance or internal politics.
4. The North has already warned that Park will "pay for his crimes in blood" if copies of the film make it across the border.
5. It was also the "most liked" tweet of the year, with 4.59 million likes.
6. It can transport rows of seedlings in minutes. And can reduce planting time by 88 percent.
1. 8. Victoria and Abdul
2. ? Ten of a reported 33 fatalities occured in New York City, and that number was expected to rise, according to Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Deaths in New York were attributed to falling trees, electrocution and drowning.
6. According to the financial data provider Wind Information Co Ltd, listed companies in China's A-share market earned 2.47 trillion yuan in profits last year. Of those listed companies, 2000 plan to pay out 700 billion yuan to their shareholders.
1. Born to royalty in Burma, Olive Yang, who died on July 31, rejected her birthright to become a cross-dressing warlord and opium trafficker.
2. Even though we are apart, you are in my heart this season.千山万水，隔不断我在佳节对你的思念。
3. I empathize with the Mavs' position. It's tough to tell your fans that all hope is lost in November, and it's especially tough when you've got a Hall of Famer still on your roster.
6. Perhaps the more interesting question is what drove Yahoo! to shell out that reported $30 million for a single app. To be sure, Summly's text-compression abilities dovetail nicely with Yahoo!'s new focus on mobile utilities. Along with Yahoo!'s $1.1 billion purchase of the blogging service Tumblr and the launch of an acclaimed new weather app, the Summly move marks a commitment to owning the tiny real estate of the smartphone screen-and serving advertising to the youthful eyeballs that tend to gravitate to mobile devices.
1. The number of university graduates reached 7.65 million in 2016, hitting a new historic high, the Beijing News reported. Plus, the number of students graduating from secondary vocational schools hit 4.35 million, bringing the total figure to 12 million.
例如，佳士得给威尼斯艺术家弗朗西斯科·丰泰巴索(Francesco Fontebasso)在18世纪中叶创作的油画《井边的丽贝卡和埃利泽》(Rebecca and Eliezer at the Well)的最低估价为12万英镑。根据Artnet的数据，在1990年的拍卖会上，这幅令人愉快的洛可可装饰风格的油画是以28.6万英镑购得的。在12月8日的拍卖会上，它仅得到一个电话出价——11.5万英镑（不含佣金），约合17万美元。而投资者们可不认为在购买沃霍尔(Warhol)或巴斯奎特(Basquiat)的作品25年之后会损失约40%。如果一幅早期绘画大师的作品被搁置在交易商的画廊里，想转卖它就更加困难。
Before long, Russell fell in love with inmate named Phillip Morris. After Morris was released, Russell again escaped prison by calling the clerk's office, impersonating a judge and drastically reducing his own bail. He was caught and escaped two more times to be with Morris, at one point faking his own death. He is now serving a life sentence but admits to finding his film portrayal pretty exciting.