1. Such claims are unlikely to go away, though. John R. Christy, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville who is known for his skepticism about the seriousness of global warming, pointed out in an interview that 2014 had surpassed the other record-warm years by only a few hundredths of a degree, well within the error margin of global temperature measurements. “Since the end of the 20th century, the temperature hasn’t done much,” Dr. Christy said. “It’s on this kind of warmish plateau.”
2. 7. Your company's human resources staff saw your résumé on a job board。
3. The appointment was announced by Steven Ciobo, the Australian minister for trade, tourism and investment, on Feb 21. The Chairman of the China National Tourism Administration, Li Jinzao, was present.
6. "The autonomous region has invested 4 billion yuan (around 600 million US dollars) to promote industries with local features in poor areas, and relocated 77,000 poor people last year," said Lu Huadong, deputy director with the office.
5. The largest flawless vivid blue diamond in the world is to go on sale today at Christie's auction house.
6. n. 紧张，拉紧，血统
1. The system for ensuring responsibility is taken for poverty elimination will be effectively enforced, the strictest possible evaluations and assessments of poverty alleviation will be carried out, and stern measures will be taken to address deception, falsification, and the manipulation of numbers in poverty elimination work. We must see that the results of our poverty elimination earn the approval of our people and stand the test of time.
6. Though bionic legs are of course a huge boon to amputees, they lack actual nerve connections with the body. As a result, walking on them is cumbersome and tiring. But last year, Seattle resident Zac Vawter was outfitted with the world's first thought-controlled leg, a bionic limb that takes signals directly from his mind.
2. Mr Mallaby accepted the award at a dinner in London on November 22, where the guest speaker was Dido Harding, chief executive of TalkTalk, the UK telecoms group.
3. So far this year, companies have announced 376 share-repurchase initiatives for a total of $261 billion, according to data from Birinyi Associates. That's nearly 72% higher than 2012, though slightly lower when compared to the same period in 2013, which was a record year for buybacks.
5. Experts offer advice for surviving -- and thriving -- in the next year:
6. As for China, lack or stopped development represents the biggest risk for this country. So it is essential that we maintain steady medium-high growth of our economy and that in itself is China’s contribution to global stability.
1. The Pelicans have struggle to attract and keep free agents, they must retain Jrue Holiday this summer, Cousins is from nearby Alabama and enjoys a close friendship with Anthony Davis, and years of disappointing and injury-plagued seasons put the franchise in a position where it seemed to be teetering on perennial also-ran status.
The military parade in Beijing on Sept. 3 that commemorated the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II was the news event that users looked up the most on Baidu's search platform. The celebration featured thousands of troops marching past President Xi Jinping and his predecessors, Hu Jintao and Jiang Zemin, as well as foreign leaders, including President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.
11. 另外26部我喜爱的影片——为什么不呢？其中很多影片本可以跻身我的十佳之列的。《迷失1971》(’71)、《艾米》(Amy)、《失常》(Anomalisa)、《骇客交锋》(Blackhat)、《芝拉克》(Chi-Raq)、《机械姬》(Ex Machina)、《实验者》(Experimenter)、《诉讼》(Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem)、《恐龙当家》(The Good Dinosaur)、《伟人》(The Great Man)、《头脑特工队》(Inside Out)、《奋斗的乔伊》(Joy)、《洛杉矶消逝的风景》(Lost Landscapes of Los Angeles)、《魔力麦克2》(Magic Mike XXL)、《办公室》(Office)、《结果》(Results)、《荒野猎人》(The Revenant)、《西默简介》(Seymour: An Introduction)、《小羊肖恩》(Shaun the Sheep Movie)、《女间谍》(Spy)、《冲出康普顿》(Straight Outta Compton)、《橘色》(Tangerine)、《廷巴克图》(Timbuktu)、《生活残骸》(Trainwreck)、《白色上帝》(White God)及《狼群》(The Wolfpack)。