2. What Mr Ravenscroft liked about it when he was choosing his graduate career path was that it of-fered the best of two worlds. He would be fast-tracked into the classroom, earning a salary, being mentored by an executive from the private sector and making contacts with business; in return, he would commit to teaching for two years and complete a teacher training qualification.
5. St. Vincent “Digital Witness” (Loma Vista/Republic)
6. The refugees have streamed into Greece, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, Malta and Cyprus during 2015, with a huge majority -- over 800,000 -- arriving by sea in Greece. About 3,600 died or disappeared trying to make the perilous Mediterranean Sea crossing between North Africa and Italy.
1. 其他在定制课程排名中表现突出的学校包括哈佛商学院(Harvard Business School)，该院取得了今年最大幅度的排名攀升，上升9位至第5名。两年前，这所位于马萨诸塞州的学院还排在第18位。
2. v. 改革，改造，革新
3. In China, there were still 43 million people in rural areas living in poverty at the end of 2016. The country aims to help all of them out of poverty by 2020.
4. That brought the balance of trade to $49.06bn, down about $4.3bn from November and coming in about $2.3bn lower than forecast.
6. Ohsumi’s research on autophagy shines a light on ubiquitous diseases such as Parkinson’s and diabetes.
1. The Turkish president said Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, was “no different from the Netherlands” and urged émigré Turks not to vote for “the government and the racists” in upcoming European elections. Ms Merkel faces a tough re-election bid in September.
Whiteness, in this context, is more than just skin color. You could define it as membership in the “ethno-national majority,” but that’s a mouthful. What it really means is the privilege of not being defined as “other.”