6. In fact, create a hard and fast rule to keep work and job searching separate. That means no sneaking out for a phone interview. No browsing job boards. No applying or networking with your work email address. "You don't watch porn at work, and you don't work on your résumé at work," Kay says. "You just don't."
1. Mr Williams notes that early November data from the likes of Brazil, Vietnam, Taiwan and Chile suggests the picture has continued to improve since October.
2. "It may affect them for life," Dershowitz said.
3. Obama enters his second four-year term faced with a difficult task of tackling $1 trillion annual deficits, reducing a $16 trillion national debt, overhauling expensive social programs and dealing with a gridlocked U.S. Congress that looked likely to maintain the same partisan makeup。
4. 3.9 全面加强政府自身建设
5. No one since Michael Haneke has enjoyed cinematically dissecting social conventions as much as Greek film-maker Yorgos Lanthimos. His The Lobster took Cannes by storm two years ago with its scathing look at a society that turns adults into animals if they cannot find a romantic partner within 45 days – it was our world but pushed toward the outermost limits of groupthink and conformity. Now he’s back with The Killing of a Sacred Deer, a domestic thriller about a surgeon (Colin Farrell) and his wife (Nicole Kidman), also a doctor, who befriends a fatherless teen named Martin. The boy seems determined to expose the family’s secrets and unmask a terrible trauma from their past. Is this film about how domestic (and perhaps societal) tranquility sometimes depends on shared, agreed-upon lies? Either way, prepare to be unnerved. Released November 9 in Denmark, November 16 in Russia and November 30 in China's Hong Kong. (Credit: A24)
6. German Three:Mercedes-Benz begins to sag as new lower-priced Benz’s inevitably erode its once invincible “the best or nothing” status. At BMW, imminent arrival of a new 7-series cements its status as the preferred brand of Scarsdale, Shaker Heights, and Santa Monica. A new A3, starting at $30, 795, should nicely lift Audi’s sales beyond 2014’s 15% climb, and a new Q7 SUV should nicely lift profits.
1. RSPCA South Australia chief inspector Andrea Lewis said it was a "heartbreaking" case for staff.
2. “From one son of the South and sports fanatic to another, my hat’s off to you,” tweeted Bill Clinton, the former US president, in response to the article.
3. But in year-on-year terms Xiamen prices grew at the second-fastest rate of 43.9 per cent, outdone only by Hefei, capital of Anhui province, which grew 47.6 per cent. Annualised prices once again rose in 65 cities and fell in five, suggesting that while the cost of housing may not be escalating as quickly as before, it remains widespread and relatively resilient.
With executive compensation in the U.S. rising and the income gap only getting bigger, it's refreshing to see a CEO who cares about more than his own paycheck. Lenovo(LNVGF) Chief Executive Yang Yuanqing announced in September for the second year in a row that he would share at least $3 million of his bonus with roughly 10,000 of his workers. The generous decision was a product of the personal computer maker's record sales that year. The average worker payout is equal to roughly a month's pay for the typical city worker in China, according to Bloomberg News.