1. Analysts believe the launch will help Apple to overcome its growth problem of the last two years. In markets such as America and Europe, where smartphone ownership is close to saturation and many customers are holding on to their existing handsets for longer, the best way to drive faster revenue growth is by charging more for each device, rather than simply relying on unit growth.
5. Yes — just. Democrats will regain control of the House of Representatives in the November midterm elections. Though they will not take charge until January 2019, they will waste no time preparing the House Judiciary paperwork. Mr Trump will label it a “witch hunt”. But another year of his surreal presidency makes it all but inevitable Democrats will campaign on a pledge to hold him to account. Whatever Robert Mueller’s investigation unearths before then is unlikely to turn enough Republicans against him.
6. Turn your work in on time. If extra credit work is offered, do that too.
1. Over at Huffington Post Mark Gongloff warns: That 'dramatic downgrade of U.S. economic growth in the first quarter revealed the economy's lingering weakness, exposed the folly of Washington's austerity obsession and slapped the Federal Reserve's newfound optimism right in the face.' And with politics deteriorating, it'll get worse.
2. Ah yes, the other reason Sacramento shouldn't tank: Philadelphia has the option to swap picks with them this year. It's actually impossible for the Kings to get the No. 1 pick because of that, and it hurts their chances at a top-three pick overall.
5. 2006年，哈茨与现任丈夫凯文共同创办了在线票务平台Eventbrite。自成立以来，这家公司先后从红杉资本（Sequoia Capital）和老虎全球基金（Tiger Global Management）等公司获得了总计1.4亿美元的投资。今年9月，它的票务销售总额达到了20亿美元。创业让哈茨不得不在与人沟通时运用坦率、且具有合作性的对话方式。她说：“我必须学会如何寻求帮助。所有人都认为创业是勇敢的举动，但我认为，更需要勇气的事情是，把自己摆到众人面前，同时努力达成协作。”
2. The immediacy for a larger-screen iPhone comes partially from the Asian market where Samsung’s phablets have made significant inroads. Assuming that Apple’s agreement with China Mobile includes these upcoming products, the pricing adjustments that normally occur with new iPhones could make the iPhone 5C significantly more affordable and attractive to the Chinese market. This would begin to make sense of the 5C, which so far seems to be a sales disappointment for Apple. Perhaps the important thing about the 5C is that it is not the 5S, so that down the road it can be discounted without putting price pressure on Apple’s flagship.
5. THE AMERICANS (FX, Jan. 28) Season 3 of this terrific blend of Cold War spy thriller and family drama begins with Washington’s K.G.B. contingent feeling the weight of the Soviet war in Afghanistan. Frank Langella joins the cast as the new handler for the show’s husband-and-wife agents, replacing Margo Martindale’s Claudia. (Making its premiere eight days later: NBC’s “Allegiance,” about Russian spies embedded in the United States. Huh.)
4. The total number of qualified applicants reached 31,220 in the first 24 hours, up from 25,000 over the same period last year, according to figures from offcn.com, an education organization that offers training for the civil servant exam.
China's expenditure on technology research and development rose 10.6% to 1.57 trillion yuan in 2016, the fastest annual growth since 2014, as the nation increases its investment in new driving forces to stabilize the economy.