2. As fall arrived and school began, D'Aloisio felt immense pressure to deliver for his backers. He needed to whip his algorithm into better shape, so he contracted a team of Israeli coders who specialize in natural language processing. Searching on Google, he found and hired a retired professor living in Thailand who'd written seminal books on the topic. 'He became our main scientist,' says D'Aloisio. 'He now works at Yahoo! in the Sunnyvale office.'
3. 52% of the world lived in extreme poverty in 1981. This number dropped down by 21% in 2010, as 721 million fewer people no longer live in absolute poverty.
4. 麻省理工学院（MIT）最近发表了一份白皮书。虽然该报告的题目听起来不免有些不吉利——《你是否已为供应链人才危机做好准备？》（Are You Prepared for the Supply Chain Talent Crisis?），却一语中的。这项研究表明，供应链经理需要掌握先进的技术技能，同时还得具备“高度的外交手腕”，精通总体业务战略，能娴熟地解决各类问题，要能在混沌状态中求生存。
6. 6. Now, like an addict who can't stop, Gross writes in his Tipping Point blog that QE will run to 2015. Earlier it seemed like the Bubble With No Name Yet should be renamed the Bernanke Bubble. But now, with Gross and Pimco's $2 trillion at stake here, maybe we should call it The Gross Bubble.
3. The show started with a circus theme, complete with acrobats, a sword-swallower and a man on stilts. Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Bruno Mars performed.
4. 4. "The Big Bang Theory" (3.4 million)
6. China has made huge progress in easing its residence and entry policies for foreigners since September 2015, which has helped attract more talent from overseas, as well as boost international exchanges and the economy, according to a ministry statement.
1. This was the biggest monthly drop in imports since last September and also means shipments have contracted year-on-year for the past 15 months straight.
Scott Brooks gets leeway as he learns his roster, and injuries continue to play too big a role. But I just can't fathom why this team is so much worse than the playoff team from a couple years back. The other piece is that it's unlikely the Wizards can conceivably be bad enough to get a top-five pick.
Ultimately I expect these new leaders to start selecting from a broader pool of candidates and appoint direct reports from more varied backgrounds, defying those who use current imbalances to extrapolate gloomily that leadership parity between men and women is still decades off.
More than 430,000 students from 1,767 universities in 31 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions across China were surveyed. Of the respondents, 89.2% had considered starting a business, with 18.2% reporting firm intentions to do so.