4. It also said 98 percent of government-sponsored students returned to China. Government-sponsored students who study abroad have chosen to pursue disciplines most needed in China, including engineering, the pure sciences, agriculture and medical science.
2. Autonomous cars: Researchers are working on devices that will automatically park your car in a parking lot without you being in, or near, the car. It will also slip a note under the wipers of the car next to it with your phone number and insurance carrier in case of any scratches.
3. “…did a song and dance routine in hopes of getting the job.”
5. This was the biggest monthly drop in imports since last September and also means shipments have contracted year-on-year for the past 15 months straight.
6. The show is iconic among those who grew up in the 1990s because it explores core themes like friendship, struggling to survive in a big city, and finding independence and identity, all of which are still relevant to young audiences today.
1. If you’re looking for a free CRM system, Zoho is probably the one for you. Why? It comes down to the integration possibilities. For example, Zoho integrates with JotForm and Unbounce simply by adding your API key. This means that within seconds, web leads will automatically be sent to your CRM. Pretty powerful for being free.
2. 8. Flats are allowed on the red carpet – or are they?
3. Taylor Swift, 'Reputation'
4. The commerce ministry data showing plummeting real estate investment follows an overall 53 per cent rise last year to a record $33bn, according to separate data from JLL, a global realtor.
5. Columbus Day became a U.S. holiday in 1971. It is generally observed by banks, state government offices, the Postal Service and federal agencies. The bond markets are closed for the holiday, but many businesses and stock exchanges remain open.
6. In Pakistani Fray, Maryam Sharif Is on the Edge of Power, or Prison
1. “Lotte will hurt the Chinese people and the consequences could be severe,” said the report, which followed a string of government probes into the company’s business interests in China.
2. Sorry, folks, but if you're an investor hoping America's political internecine wars will improve in the near future, just don't invest. The war between Congress with it's abysmal 10% approval rating and the president, the war between the Dems, GOP and the tea party, is going to get even worse, upsetting markets and the economy even more.
3. 1. Bubble With No Name Yet triggers the biggest crash in 30 years
Here's a look into social media's crystal ball for 2014. Will Snapchat catch fire? Will those annoying Promoted Tweets keep invading your Twitter stream? Will your boss finally learn to tweet? These five trends are poised to shake up the industry and the way we use social media in 2014: